Top Live Games
- Match Betting
- ATP Buenos Aires, Argentina Men Double
- ATP New York, USA Men Double
- ATP New York, USA Men Singles
- ATP Rotterdam, Netherlands Men Double
- ATP Rotterdam, Netherlands Men Singles
- ATP Challenger Bangkok, Thailand Men Double
- ATP Challenger Bangkok, Thailand Men Singles
- ATP Challenger Cherbourg, France Men Double
- ATP Challenger Cherbourg, France Men Singles
- Itf Egypt F4, Men Doubles
- Itf Egypt F4, Men Singles
- Itf Great Britain F2, Men Doubles
- Itf Great Britain F2, Men Singles
- Itf Kazakhstan F1, Men Doubles
- Itf Kazakhstan F1, Men Singles
- Itf Tunisia F6, Men Doubles
- Itf Tunisia F6, Men Singles
- Itf Turkey F5, Men Doubles
- Itf Turkey F5, Men Singles
- Itf Australia 04A, Women Doubles
- Itf Australia 04A, Women Singles
- Itf Egypt 04A, Women Doubles
- Itf Egypt 04A, Women Singles
- Itf Great Britain 02A, Women Doubles
- Itf Great Britain 02A, Women Singles
- ITF Kazakhstan 01A, Women Doubles
- ITF Kazakhstan 01A, Women Singles
- ITF Slovakia 02A, Women Doubles
- ITF Slovakia 02A, Women Singles
- Itf Tunisia 06A, Women Doubles
- ITF Tunisia 06A, Women Singles
- Itf Turkey 05A, Women Doubles
- Itf Turkey 05A, Women Singles
- Itf USA 04A, Women Doubles
- WTA Doha, Qatar Women Double
- WTA Doha, Qatar Women Singles
- WTA Dubai, UAE Women Singles
Bet on tennis online
Tennis is one of the world’s most popular and iconic sports and at Betway, you can bet on the biggest names in tennis competing in the most prestigious tournaments from Wimbledon to Roland Garros. Register today and start exploring all the different markets that tennis has to offer; from a simple 1x2 Match Result bet on your favourite player, to a Multi Bet with a Set Winner bet over multiple matches. Whatever you choose to do, Betway has a betting option for you.
An ace of an offer
Join Betway today, and take advantage of our 100% Welcome Offer up to K1,000 to kick-off your sports betting journey. Not only will you have unlimited access to the best sports betting odds, but you’ll also have plenty of premium casino games, Jackpots, and Betgames to keep you entertained in-between kickoffs.
Tennis differs greatly from other popular team sports like soccer or rugby and require a completely different set of bet types and markets. Betway provides a comprehensive range of different betting markets for tennis fans to choose from when deciding to place a bet. It is only by offering the widest variety of games and markets that Betway remains a leader in the online sports betting world. Many of the markets listed below are available for both pre-match betting and Live Betting.
- Match Result
- Overs/Unders Games
- Correct Score
- Game Handicap
- Set Handicap
- Number of Sets
- Odd/Even Games
- Player 1 to Win a Set
- Player 2 to Win a Set
- Double Result
How to bet on tennis
- Log into your account and click the tennis icon
- Browse the full selection of tennis fixtures or use the Search bar to find something specific
- Place your bet*, complete your betslip and click Bet Now
*You can also select to place a Multi Bet that combines results from multiple fixtures to improve the odds and boost your potential payout. It is important to note, however that Multi Bets only payout if you correctly predict the outcome of all fixtures.
Top tennis tournaments to bet on
For the majority of tennis fans, the biggest attractions offered by the sport come in the forms of Grand Slam tournaments. It is at these events that the world’s top tennis players compete for ranking, prize money and prestige. The four Grand Slams that happen each year are the Australian Open, The French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. The Australian Open is the first yearly tournament held and is played on hardcourt Rebound Ace surfaces. Following this, the French Open takes place on clay courts where the high-bounce favors stronger, taller players. By mid-year Wimbledon is held where the tournament takes place on their famous grass surfaces. Finally, the US Open is held, once again, on hardcourt, to end out the professional tennis year.
History of tennis
Many agree that Harry Gem and Augurio Perera devised the modern game of tennis somewhere between 1859 and 1865. The pair would also go on to found the world’s first tennis club in 1872 on Avenue Road, Leamington Spa in Warwickshire England.
The spread of tennis’ popularity however is largely due to British army office Major Walter Clopton Wingfield. In 1873, Wingfield invented and patented a similar game to Gem and Perera’s and called it sphairistikè (Greek for ball-playing). They named the game ‘sticky’ and it was played at a friend of the major’s estate in Wales. Sensing the appeal for the game, Major Wingfield went about commercializing his invention and created a kit that included a net, poles, rackets and a ball. In 1874, Wingfield sold thousands of kits transporting to every corner of the empire. As the game began to grow, the first official tennis tournament, the Wimbledon Championships was founded in 1877.
In 1896, tennis was one of the sporting events included in the first international Olympic Games, and would be features in the next six Olympic competitions. It was dropped in 1924 after a dispute between the International Lawn Tennis Federation and the International Olympic Committee. Tennis would be left out of the Olympic Games for the next 60 years only being reintroduced in 1988 after receiving significant public support.
Although the game continued to grow and spread throughout Europe and the US, there were no universal rules. The International Lawn Tennis Federation (now the International Tennis Federation) was founded in 1913 with this goal in mind. After much deliberation, first set of comprehensive tennis rules were published in 1924. These rules have remained virtually unchanged.